HK’s ancestors worship ceremony attracts 8,000 people

 

 

 

A ceremony is held to honor Huangdi, or the Yellow Emperor, who is considered

as the ancestor of the Chinese nation, on Qingming Festival in Hong Kong, south China,

on April 5, 2015.   Photo by He Jingjia

 

 

 

HONG KONG  |   2015-04-05 20:13:40

 

HK’s ancestors

worship ceremony

attracts 8,000 people

 

 

By Yan Hao

 

 

Master Chin Kung (center) takes part in a ceremony to honor Huangdi,

or the Yellow Emperor, who is considered as the ancestor of the Chinese

nation, on Qingming Festival in Hong Kong, south China, on April 5, 2015.  

Photo by He Jingjia

 

 

A ceremony held at Hong Kong’s AsiaWorld-Expo to worship common ancestors of Chinese nation attracted more than 8,000 devout followers on Sunday of April 5, the Qingming Festival in Chinese lunar calendar.

The Qingming, also known as Tomb-sweeping Day, is a traditional festival for Chinese to tend their family graves or by other means to pay respect to their deceased family members.

More than 8,000 Chinese from the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan and other overseas countries and regions attended the ceremony which was conducted strictly in line with the rules and norms adopted by Confucian Temple to make the followers remember their root and be grateful to the ancestors.

Regina Ip, a member of the Legislative Council of Hong Kong and chair of Hong Kong’s New People’s Party, officiated at the ceremony sponsored by Sage Education Association, a non-profit charity to promote traditional Chinese culture in Hong Kong.

In front of a giant picture of Ancestor of Chinese Nation Memorial, Ip, wearing a suit of traditional Chinese garment, paid respects to temporary memorial tablets of legendary Chinese rulers in pre-dynastic times such as Yellow Emperor.

Ip was also accompanied by a couple of assistant priests who served the sacrifice food and wine, played worship music and chanted oration.

 

 

 

A ceremony is held to honor Huangdi, or the Yellow Emperor, who is considered as the ancestor

of the Chinese nation, on Qingming Festival in Hong Kong, south China, on April 5, 2015.

Photo by He Jingjia

 

A ceremony is held to honor Huangdi, or the Yellow Emperor, who is considered as the

ancestor of the Chinese nation, on Qingming Festival in Hong Kong, south China, on April 5,

2015.   Photo by He Jingjia

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share


3,654 Comments

  1. buy cialis wrote:

    I am happy to see this you tube video at this site, therefore now I am also going to add all my videos at YouTube web page.

  2. If you wish for to grow your knowledge just keep visiting this web site and be updated with the latest gossip posted here.

  3. That’s actually a good video described within this post about how to write a paragraph, so i got clear idea from here.

  4. What’s up to all, the YouTube record that is posted at at this point has actually good quality along with pleasant audio quality

  5. cialis online wrote:

    Hmmm, yup no doubt Google is most excellent in favor of blogging but now word press is also fastidious as a blogging because its SEO is nice defined already.

  6. Hello, I just wanted to say, I disagree. Your blog doesn’t make any sense.

  7. Downloading data from this web page is as easy |as clicking the mouse rather than other websites which move me here and there on the webpages.

  8. Hello Jackson, if you are a new internet user then you must pay a quick visit every day this web page and read the updated content at at this place.

  9. cialis online wrote:

    If some one wishes to be updated with most recent technologies then he must be visit this website and be up to date every day.

  10. That’s truly a nice movie stated inside this post on the topic of how to write a post, so i got clear idea from here.

  11. Okay you are true, YouTube is finest video distribution website, as YouTube is a lightly no much streaming time rather than other blogs.

  12. buy cialis wrote:

    This post offers clear idea in favor of the new visitors of blogging, that in fact how to do blogging and site-building.

  13. I’m gone to say to my little brother, that he should also pay a visit this website on regular basis to take updated from hottest news.

  14. I visit day-to-day a few web pages and blogs to read articles, except this web site gives feature based articles.

  15. One more technique for advertising your website is posting comments on unique sites with your blog link.

  16. Can you please send an e-mail to me the code for this script or please let know me in detail regarding this script?

  17. buy cialis wrote:

    I constantly spent my half an hour to read this web site’s content every day along with a cup of coffee.

  18. Asking questions are in fact pleasant thing if you are not understanding anything fully, however this piece of writing offers fastidious understanding yet.

  19. One more thing that I want to share at this place is that, doesn’t matter what you are using free blogging service but if you don’t update your weblog on daily basis then it’s no more attraction.

  20. At this moment I am going to do my breakfast, when having my breakfast coming again to read additional news.

Leave a Reply

*