Zhou Yongkang charged with bribery, abuse of power, intentional disclosure of state secrets

 

 

 

Zhou Yongkang.   Web Photo

 

 

 

 

BEIJING  |  2015-04-03 10:42:54

 

Zhou Yongkang

charged with bribery, abuse of power,

intentional disclosure of state secrets

 

By Li Zhihui and Guo Likun

 

 

Zhou Yongkang was charged with bribery, abuse of power and intentional disclosure of state secrets, the Supreme People’s Procuratorate (SPP) said on Friday of April 3.

The indictment was brought in on Friday by the Tianjin Municipal People’s Procuratorate No. 1 branch to the Tianjin Municipal No. 1 Intermediate People’s Court.

Zhou, 73, served as deputy general manager of China National Petroleum Corporation, secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Sichuan Provincial Committee, and member of the Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee while minister of public security and state councilor.

He also served as member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee and secretary of the Commission for Political and Legal Affairs of the CPC Central Committee.

Zhou took the advantage of his posts to offer interests to others and illegally accepted a huge amount of money and property, according to the indictment.

Zhou’s abuse of power resulted in grave losses of public property and interests of the country and the people. The social impact was “bad” and his act was “particularly serious,” according to the indictment.

He also intentionally disclosed state secrets and his act was “particularly serious,” according to the indictment.

Prosecutors informed the defendant Zhou Yongkang of his litigation rights, interrogated him and heard opinions of his lawyers, according to the SPP’s statement.

The Tianjin procuratorate brought in the prosecution according to the law after the SPP completed its investigation into Zhou’s case, the statement said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share


4,309 Comments

  1. Hey there! I know this is sort of off-topic however I
    had to ask. Does operating a well-established website like yours take a massive amount work?

    I am brand new to running a blog however I do write in my journal everyday.
    I’d like to start a blog so I can share my personal experience
    and feelings online. Please let me know if you have any kind of ideas or
    tips for brand new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it!

  2. It’s truly very difficult in this full of activity life
    to listen news on Television, thus I only use world wide web
    for that reason, and get the newest information.

  3. Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further
    write ups thank you once again.

  4. Mellissa wrote:

    Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Thank you so much, However I am going through issues with your RSS.
    I don’t understand why I am unable to join it.

    Is there anybody else having similar RSS issues? Anybody who knows the solution will you kindly
    respond? Thanx!!

  5. minecraft wrote:

    Undeniably believe that which you stated. Your favorite
    reason appeared to be on the net the simplest thing to be aware
    of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people think about worries that they plainly
    do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take a signal.
    Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

  6. Robt wrote:

    I couldn’t resist commenting. Exceptionally well written!

  7. Harrison wrote:

    Wow, this article is fastidious, my sister is analyzing such things, so I am going to let know
    her.

  8. Deb wrote:

    I am really thankful to the holder of this website who has shared this wonderful piece of writing at at this time.

  9. tinyurl.com wrote:

    Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems
    as though you relied on the video to make your point.

    You clearly know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your blog
    when you could be giving us something enlightening to
    read?

Leave a Reply for Lester

*