Zhou Yongkang charged with bribery, abuse of power, intentional disclosure of state secrets

 

 

 

Zhou Yongkang.   Web Photo

 

 

 

 

BEIJING  |  2015-04-03 10:42:54

 

Zhou Yongkang

charged with bribery, abuse of power,

intentional disclosure of state secrets

 

By Li Zhihui and Guo Likun

 

 

Zhou Yongkang was charged with bribery, abuse of power and intentional disclosure of state secrets, the Supreme People’s Procuratorate (SPP) said on Friday of April 3.

The indictment was brought in on Friday by the Tianjin Municipal People’s Procuratorate No. 1 branch to the Tianjin Municipal No. 1 Intermediate People’s Court.

Zhou, 73, served as deputy general manager of China National Petroleum Corporation, secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Sichuan Provincial Committee, and member of the Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee while minister of public security and state councilor.

He also served as member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee and secretary of the Commission for Political and Legal Affairs of the CPC Central Committee.

Zhou took the advantage of his posts to offer interests to others and illegally accepted a huge amount of money and property, according to the indictment.

Zhou’s abuse of power resulted in grave losses of public property and interests of the country and the people. The social impact was “bad” and his act was “particularly serious,” according to the indictment.

He also intentionally disclosed state secrets and his act was “particularly serious,” according to the indictment.

Prosecutors informed the defendant Zhou Yongkang of his litigation rights, interrogated him and heard opinions of his lawyers, according to the SPP’s statement.

The Tianjin procuratorate brought in the prosecution according to the law after the SPP completed its investigation into Zhou’s case, the statement said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share


3,560 Comments

  1. My relatives all the time say that I am wasting my time here at web, except I know I am getting knowledge everyday by reading such good content.

  2. Can you please send me the code for this script or please let know me in detail in relation to this script?

  3. Hahahahahahaha, this politics related YouTube video is really so comic, I liked it. Thanks for sharing this.

  4. What a good YouTube video it is! Awesome, I loved it, and I am sharing this YouTube video with all my friends.

  5. cialis 20mg wrote:

    I read this article fully concerning the difference of most up-to-date and preceding technologies, it’s awesome article.

  6. cialis online wrote:

    Pictures are truly nice source of teaching instead of wording, its my know-how, what would you say?

  7. cialis 20mg wrote:

    always i used to read smaller content which also clear their motive, and that is also happening with this paragraph which I am reading here.

  8. YouTube video clips are well-known in entire globe, as it is the biggest video sharing website, and I turn out to be too cheerful by watching YouTube video clips.

  9. I also like Flash, however I am not a good designer to design a Flash, however I have software by witch a Flash is automatically produced and no extra to work.

  10. cialis online wrote:

    Hi there buddy, what a quality is! For this YouTube video, I am actually happy, since I have never seen good quality YouTube video earlier than,

  11. If you are going away to watch funny videos online then I suggest you to go to see this web site, it includes in fact so comical not only video clips but also additional stuff.

  12. In favor of my schoolwork purposes, I at all times used to download the video lectures from YouTube, since it is trouble-free to fan-out from there.

  13. This piece of writing is nice and fruitful in support of all new Personal home pages related web programmers; they have to read it and do the practice.

  14. There are also so many video uploading websites, and these also provide facility for distribution their movies, except I think YouTube is the finest.

  15. Hello, this weekend is pleasant designed for me, because this point in time i am reading this wonderful educational post here at my house.

  16. cialis 20mg wrote:

    Hi friends, its fantastic piece of writing on the topic of educationand fully explained, keep it up all the time.

  17. In fact it’s known as Search engine marketing that when i search for this piece of writing I found this web page at the top of all web sites in search engine.

  18. What’s up, this weekend is nice in favor of me, as this point in time i am reading this fantastic informative article here at my house.

  19. Your means of explaining the whole thing in this post is actually pleasant, all be able to easily know it, Thanks a lot.

  20. What a funny blog! I in fact loved watching this humorous video with my family as well as including my colleagues.

Leave a Reply

*