Zhou Yongkang charged with bribery, abuse of power, intentional disclosure of state secrets

 

 

 

Zhou Yongkang.   Web Photo

 

 

 

 

BEIJING  |  2015-04-03 10:42:54

 

Zhou Yongkang

charged with bribery, abuse of power,

intentional disclosure of state secrets

 

By Li Zhihui and Guo Likun

 

 

Zhou Yongkang was charged with bribery, abuse of power and intentional disclosure of state secrets, the Supreme People’s Procuratorate (SPP) said on Friday of April 3.

The indictment was brought in on Friday by the Tianjin Municipal People’s Procuratorate No. 1 branch to the Tianjin Municipal No. 1 Intermediate People’s Court.

Zhou, 73, served as deputy general manager of China National Petroleum Corporation, secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Sichuan Provincial Committee, and member of the Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee while minister of public security and state councilor.

He also served as member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee and secretary of the Commission for Political and Legal Affairs of the CPC Central Committee.

Zhou took the advantage of his posts to offer interests to others and illegally accepted a huge amount of money and property, according to the indictment.

Zhou’s abuse of power resulted in grave losses of public property and interests of the country and the people. The social impact was “bad” and his act was “particularly serious,” according to the indictment.

He also intentionally disclosed state secrets and his act was “particularly serious,” according to the indictment.

Prosecutors informed the defendant Zhou Yongkang of his litigation rights, interrogated him and heard opinions of his lawyers, according to the SPP’s statement.

The Tianjin procuratorate brought in the prosecution according to the law after the SPP completed its investigation into Zhou’s case, the statement said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share


3,984 Comments

  1. Hahahahahahaha, this politics related YouTube video is genuinely so comic, I liked it. Thanks in favor of sharing this.

  2. women viagra wrote:

    Article writing is also a fun, if you know then you can write otherwise it is difficult to write.

  3. where can i get uk http://chilp.it/d08875a cheap for sale online.

  4. viagra prices wrote:

    Hi there, I just wanted to mention, I disagree. Your point doesn’t make any sense.

  5. Your mode of explaining all in this article is in fact fastidious, every one can simply understand it, Thanks a lot.

  6. viagra online wrote:

    Quality posts is the key to interest the people to visit the website, that’s what this web page is providing.

  7. Hello, for all time i used to check weblog posts here in the early hours in the break of day, because i like to gain knowledge of more and more.

  8. I think a visualized display can be enhanced then just a simple text, if stuff are defined in images one can effortlessly be familiar with these.

  9. What a video it is! Really amazing and nice quality, please upload more videos having such nice quality. Thanks.

  10. online viagra wrote:

    This post will help the internet users for building up new weblog or even a blog from start to end.

  11. I am truly keen of reading articles or reviews on the topic of developing new weblog, or even regarding Search engine optimization.

  12. You have to waste less time to explore your required matter on internet, because today the searching techniques of search engines are good. That’s why I fount this post here.

  13. viagra prices wrote:

    In fact film is the display of some one’s feelings; it gives the lesson to the people.

  14. Wow! In the end I got a webpage from where I know how to in fact obtain useful information concerning my study and knowledge.

  15. Hi, I desire to subscribe for this weblog to take hottest updates, therefore where can i do it please help out.

  16. Some users are keen to watch comical video clips, however I like to watch terrible movies on YouTube.

  17. I visited multiple web sites but the audio feature for audio songs current at this website is in fact fabulous.

  18. YouTube consists of not just comic and humorous videos but also it consists of learning related video clips.

  19. Hello to all, the contents present at this site are truly remarkable for people knowledge, well, keep up the good work fellows.

  20. This is my first time pay a quick visit at here and i am really pleassant to read all at one place.

Leave a Reply

*