Chinese army to look into corruption in staff housing projects

 

 

 

Gu Junshan.   Photo – Internet

 

 

 

 

Chinese army

to look into corruption

in staff housing projects

 

 

By Fu Shuangqi

 

 

The People’s Liberation Army (PLA) will start a two-year operation against malpractice and corruption in staff housing projects.

Due to loose supervision, there are a number of problems in staff housing projects, said Friday’s PLA Daily quoting a notice from the PLA General Political Department, the PLA General Logistics Department and the PLA discipline inspection department.

Chinese armed forces have built affordable housing projects for officers and servicemen since 1999. They are supposed to be moderate in size and equipment and should not be sold to civilians.

However, the notice admitted that some housing projects were built out of budgets and aimed for luxury use. Some were sold to staff at unusually cheap prices and others were sold to civilians.

In this operation, the authorities will comb through all staff housing projects, exposing misconducts and closing loopholes, the newspaper said.

Those who do not take this operation serious and refuse to well implement it will not be tolerated but seriously punished, it said.

Gang Fangbin, a professor at the University of National Defense, told Saturday’s Beijing News that housing projects normally involve huge amount of money and provide a big “grey area” for corrupt officers to maneuver.

Several high-profile officers in PLA logistics departments, which take charge of housing projects, have been sacked in the country’s fierce anti-corruption operation.

They included Liu Zheng (刘铮), deputy head of PLA General Logistics Department, who has been under investigation since November, and Gu Junshan (谷俊山), another deputy head of PLA General Logistics Department, who was charged with embezzlement, bribery, misuse of state funds and abuse of power.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share


94 Comments

  1. cialis dosage eli lilly

    [url=http://cialisyyt.com/]cialis online[/url]
    generic cialis

    super cialis

  2. cialis ohne rezept bestellen

    [url=http://cialisyyt.com/]cheap generic cialis[/url]
    cialis online

    cialis standard dose

  3. generic cialis soft 20mg

    [url=http://cialisyyt.com/]cheap cialis[/url]
    buy generic cialis

    cialis 20mg hollan

  4. Ovanovapalay wrote:

    do my uni assignment


    writing service agreements

  5. Ovanovapalay wrote:

    assignment helpers in india


    business plan writer austin tx

  6. Have you ever thought about including a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is fundamental and all.
    Nevertheless think of if you added some great pictures or video clips to give your posts more,
    “pop”! Your content is excellent but with pics and clips, this website could certainly
    be one of the best in its niche. Excellent blog!

    Billige barcelona fodboldtrøjer

  7. Seriously, such a handy web page.
    Fodboldtrøjer

  8. Marvelous, what a website it is! This blog gives useful facts
    to us, keep it up.

    Monaco ny trøje

  9. Princess wrote:

    9. UCLA College of Theater, Movie, and Tv.

  10. cheap jordans wrote:

    I would like to express thanks to the writer for bailing me out of this predicament. Because of looking out throughout the online world and meeting basics which are not powerful, I was thinking my entire life was gone. Existing devoid of the strategies to the issues you have solved by means of your report is a serious case, and the kind which might have in a wrong way damaged my entire career if I had not discovered your site. Your personal mastery and kindness in maneuvering the whole lot was valuable. I am not sure what I would have done if I had not discovered such a subject like this. I can also now relish my future. Thanks so much for this high quality and effective help. I will not hesitate to endorse your site to any individual who needs to have care on this situation.
    cheap jordans

  11. jordan 4 wrote:

    I enjoy you because of all of your labor on this blog. Betty take interest in making time for investigations and it’s really simple to grasp why. I know all about the powerful form you present very useful items on this web blog and boost participation from some others about this content then our own girl is actually learning so much. Take pleasure in the rest of the new year. You are always performing a glorious job.
    jordan 4

Leave a Reply

*