President Xi: China understands value of 2022 Winter Olympics

 

 

 

Chinese President Xi Jinping (right) meets with Sheikh Ahmad Al-Fahad Al-Sabah, president of

the Association of National Olympic Committees (ANOC) and president of the Olympic Council

of Asia (OCA)  in Beijing on  January 14, 2015.   Photo by Pang Xinglei

 

 

 

 

President Xi:

China understands 

value of 2022 Winter Olympics

 

By Tan Jingjing

 

Chinese President Xi Jinping met with Sheik Ahmad al-Fahad al-Sabah, president of the Association of National Olympic Committees (ANOC) and chief of the Olympic Council of Asia, in Beijing on Wednesday of January 14.

Xi told Sheik Ahmad that the Chinese government attached “great importance” to Beijing and Zhangjiakou’s joint bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games.

“It will inspire over 300 million Chinese to participate in winter sports if we win, which will contribute greatly to the development of international Olympic cause,” Xi said.

Sheikh Ahmad wished Beijing and Zhangjiakou the best of luck in the process.

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) will vote for the host city of the 2022 Winter Olympics on July 31, 2015, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Xi said the ANOC, as a coordinator of 205 national committees around the world, had played a positive role in strengthening solidarity, cementing cooperation with the IOC, and pushing forward the international Olympic movement.

Praising the ANOC’s contribution to boosting sports development in China, Xi said the Chinese government placed great emphasis on sports and acknowledged its role in social development.

The Beijing Olympic Games and the Nanjing Youth Olympic Games further ignited national passion for the Olympics, he said.

Calling China an important cooperation partner of the ANOC, Sheikh Ahmad said the country had demonstrated its capability to hold large-scale international sport events.

The Beijing Olympics and the Nanjing Youth Olympics were the pride of China and Asia, he said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share


5,940 Comments

  1. tinyurl.com wrote:

    I do agree with all of the concepts you’ve introduced for your
    post. They’re very convincing and can definitely work. Still, the posts are very quick for
    novices. Could you please prolong them a bit from subsequent time?

    Thanks for the post.

  2. Hello there, just became aware of your blog
    through Google, and found that it is really informative.
    I’m gonna watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful if
    you continue this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!

  3. tinyurl.com wrote:

    Hey would you mind sharing which blog platform you’re working with?
    I’m looking to start my own blog soon but I’m having a difficult time
    deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
    The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something completely unique.
    P.S Sorry for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

  4. Arlie wrote:

    I’ve been surfing online more than 2 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours.

    It is pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all web owners
    and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever
    before.

  5. This piece of writing offers clear idea in favor of the new viewers of blogging,
    that truly how to do running a blog.

  6. Every weekend i used to pay a visit this
    web site, for the reason that i want enjoyment, as this this website conations truly nice
    funny material too.

  7. Blaine wrote:

    If some one desires expert view about blogging and site-building
    after that i recommend him/her to go to see this
    webpage, Keep up the pleasant work.

  8. Marquita wrote:

    Great info. Lucky me I recently found your site by chance (stumbleupon).

    I have saved it for later!

  9. Just wish to say your article is as amazing.
    The clarity in your post is just excellent and i can assume you
    are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission let me
    to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post.
    Thanks a million and please carry on the gratifying work.

  10. Puffy Nipples wrote:

    Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is valuable and everything. However
    imagine if you added some great photos or videos to give your
    posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with images and clips, this website could definitely be one of the most beneficial
    in its field. Terrific blog!

  11. It’s great that you are getting thoughts from this post as well as from our dialogue made at
    this place.

  12. Benjamin wrote:

    Hi colleagues, its fantastic article about teachingand completely defined,
    keep it up all the time.

  13. tinyurl.com wrote:

    Asking questions are genuinely nice thing if you are
    not understanding anything entirely, except this post gives fastidious
    understanding yet.

  14. Excellent weblog right here! Additionally your
    website so much up fast! What host are you using? Can I am getting your affiliate
    hyperlink to your host? I wish my web site loaded up as fast as yours lol

  15. Latosha wrote:

    At this time it appears like WordPress is the top blogging platform out there right now.
    (from what I’ve read) Is that what you’re using on your blog?

  16. Miriam wrote:

    excellent publish, very informative. I’m wondering why the other experts of this sector don’t
    notice this. You must proceed your writing. I’m sure,
    you have a huge readers’ base already!

  17. Kiera wrote:

    After I originally left a comment I appear to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now whenever a comment is added I get 4 emails with
    the exact same comment. Is there a way you are able to remove me
    from that service? Many thanks!

  18. Grupo Coral wrote:

    This post provides clear idea for the new visitors
    of blogging, that genuinely how to do blogging and site-building.

Leave a Reply

*