China urges rescue of tourist kidnapped in Malaysia

 

Policemen inspect the vacation village where one Chinese tourist and a Filipino resort worker

had been abducted in Semporna resort of Sabah State, Malaysia, on April 3, 2014. The suspects

that involved in the Semporna resort kidnap in Sabah State are believed in the Philippine waters,

local police said on Thursday during a press conference held in Kota Kinabalu, the capital city

of the state of Sabah of Malaysia.   Photo – Xinhua 

 

Photo taken on April 3, 2014 shows the crime scene where one Chinese tourist was

abducted at a vacation village in Semporna resort of Sabah State, Malaysia.   Photo – Xinhua 

 

Photo taken on April 3, 2014 shows the vacation village where one Chinese tourist and

a Filipino resort worker had been abducted in Semporna resort of Sabah State, Malaysia.  

Photo – Xinhua

 

Photo taken on April 3, 2014 shows the general view of the site of kidnapping in Sabah

State, Malaysia. China on Thursday appealed to Malaysian police to rescue a Chinese

national abducted on Wednesday night by unknown gunmen in the eastern Malaysian

state of Sabah.   Photo – Xinhua

 

Photo taken on April 3, 2014 shows the general view of the site of kidnapping in Sabah State,

Malaysia.    Photo – Xinhua 

 

Photo taken on April 3, 2014 shows the general view of the site of kidnapping in Sabah

State, Malaysia. China on Thursday appealed to Malaysian police to rescue a Chinese

national abducted on Wednesday night by unknown gunmen in the eastern Malaysian

state of Sabah.   Photo – Xinhua 

 

Malaysian policemen patrol near the site of kidnapping in Sabah State, Malaysia

on April 3, 2014.    Photo – Xinhua 

 

 

 

 

 

BEIJING   2014-04-03   19:13:59

>>  China urges rescue of tourist kidnapped in Malaysia

By Bai Jie

China on Thursday appealed to Malaysian police to rescue a Chinese national abducted on Wednesday night by unknown gunmen in the eastern Malaysian state of Sabah. 

Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei told a daily press briefing that the ministry and the consulate-general in Kuching were extremely concerned by the abduction and had immediately sent staff to the site. 

China urged local police to conduct a rescue operation, ensure the abductee’s safety, and take measures to protect other Chinese tourists, said Hong. < Malaysia confirmed Thursday that a Chinese tourist and a Filipino resort worker were abducted by a group of unknown gunmen from Pulau Singahmata near Pulau Bum-Bum in Semporna, state of Sabah of Malaysia at around 10:30 p.m. Wednesday.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Back row: Datuk Hamza Taib, Sabah Police Commissioner (center), speaks during a press

conference held in Kota Kinabalu, the capital city of the state of Sabah of Malaysia, April 3,

2014.    Photo – Xinhua

 

Datuk Hamza Taib, Sabah Police Commissioner, speaks during a press conference held in Kota

Kinabalu, capital city of the state of Sabah of Malaysia, on April 3, 2014. The suspects that

involved in the Semporna resort kidnap in Sabah State are believed in the Philippine waters,

local police said on Thursday.   Photo – Xinhua

 

 

 

 

KUALA LUMPUR   2014-04-03   19:07:39

>>  Suspects involving Sabah kidnap believed

in Philippine waters: Malaysian Police

By Hu Junxin and Zhao Bochao

The suspects that involved in the Semporna resort kidnap in Sabah State are believed in the Philippine waters, local police said on Thursday during a press conference held in Kota Kinabalu, the capital city of the state of Sabah of Malaysia.

Datuk Hamza Taib, Sabah Police Commissioner, confirmed that the group of armed men are no longer in Semporna or within Sabah.

He also added that he believed there should be someone within the resort coordinating with the suspects during the kidnap.

“We have a lead …We are now looking for individuals who can help in the investigation,” local press The Star quoted the commissioner as saying.

The commissioner said the resorts has been operated for more than ten years. The police usually patrols 3 to 4 times per week.

He said the kidnapping is also believed to be for ransom but so far no ransom has been demanded yet. He also believed that the victims are safe, according intelligence they had so far.

Two persons, one Chinese tourist and a Filipino resort worker had been abducted by a group of man from Pulau Singahmata near Pulau Bum-Bum in Semporna, state of Sabah of Malaysia on Wednesday evening.  

 

 

 

 

 

ZAMBOANGA CITY, Philippines   2014-04-03   18:12:12

>>  Military launches search for kidnap victims in S. Philippines

By Alcober

The Philippine Navy said Thursday that it has deployed its watercraft in the southern Philippine province of Tawi-Tawi to search for a female Chinese tourist and a Filipino resort staff who were kidnapped in Sabah, Malaysia.

Capt. Ma. Rowena Muyuela, spokesman of the Armed Forces of the Philippines’ Western Mindanao Command, said the naval search was launched after they were alerted by their Malaysian counterpart about the abduction of a 29-year-old female tourist from Shanghai, China, and a Filipino 40-year-old resort worker.

The two were forcibly taken from Singahmata Reef Resort off Semporna by armed men at around 10:30 p.m., Wednesday. The kidnappers and the victims escaped on board a motorized pumpboat and was monitored heading towards the Philippine border in Tawi- Tawi area.

Muyuela, however, said that there has been no reported sighting of the kidnappers and the victims in the area.

No group has claimed responsibility for the kidnapping incident but the terrorist group Abu Sayyaf is said to be behind the kidnapping operation in the area.

The Philippine military noted that the latest kidnapping incident was similar to what happened on Nov. 15 last year when Taiwanese businessman Li Min Shu, 58 was killed in Pom Pom Island Resort in Semporna while his wife Chang An Wei, 57, was taken by gunmen.

Chang, who is believed to have been kidnapped by the Abu Sayyaf, was rescued by Philippine Marines in a village of Patikul town, Sulu Province 36 days later.

 

 

 

 

 

 

KUALA LUMPUR   2014-04-03   17:17:24

>>  Philippines coordinating with Malaysia over Sabah abduction

By Zhao Bochao

Philippine authorities were coordinating with Malaysian side in exchanging information and in working towards the resolution of the abduction case in Semporna in Malaysia’s state of Sabah, according to a Thursday statement from the Philippine Embassy in Kuala Lumpur.

The Philippine police authorities in nearby areas had been alerted.

It said the authorities could not release the name of the Filipina victim until her next of kin had been notified.

A Chinese tourist and a Filipino resort worker had been abducted by a group of men in Semporna in Malaysia’s state of Sabah on Wednesday.

 

 

 

 

 

 

MANILA   2014-04-03   16:53:52

>>  Navy ships in S. Philippines placed on alert over kidnapping

By Alcober

The military said Thursday that it has alerted Navy ships in southern Philippines to be on guard against the kidnappers of a Chinese tourist and a Filipino resort staff who were forcibly taken in Sabah, Malaysia.

The Armed Forces of the Philippines’ (AFP) Western Mindanao Command alerted the Navy ships after Malaysian security forces coordinated with their Filipino counterparts.

“As of now, our naval assets are on alert. We have yet to receive an official report about where the kidnappers brought their victims,” said Capt. Rowena Muyuela, spokesman of the AFP Western Mindanao Command.

The kidnapping victims were identified as a 29-year-old Chinese woman, and Marcy Dayawan, 40, who is an employee of Singmata Reef Resort. The two were seized by six armed men at 10:30 p.m. (local time), Wednesday and were brought to a boat which was used by the suspects to escape.

In 2000, members of the terrorist group Abu Sayyaf raided the Sipadan diving resort in Malaysia and seized 20 tourists. The victims were then brought to Sulu province where they were held until ransom was paid for their release.

In November last year, a Taiwanese was abducted by suspected Abu Sayyaf men in Semporna, Sabah and was also brought to Sulu province. She was released a month after.

 

 

 

 

 

 

KUALA LUMPUR   2014-04-03   16:47:40

>>  Urgent: Kidnapping of Chinese tourist possibly

deliberate act to sour Sino-Malaysia ties: Malaysian PM

By Hu Junxin and Zhao Bochao

Latest Semporna kidnapping of Chinese tourist and Filipina worker was possibly a deliberate act to sour Sino-Malaysia ties, Malaysian press The Star Thursday quoted Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak as saying. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

KUALA LUMPUR   2014-04-03 16:43:40

>>  Urgent: Philippines coordinating with Malaysia over Sabah abduction

By Zhao Bochao

Philippine authorities were coordinating with Malaysian side in exchanging information and in working towards the resolution of the abduction case in Semporna in Malaysia’s state of Sabah, according to a Thursday statement from the Philippine Embassy in Kuala Lumpur.

The Philippine police authorities in nearby areas had been alerted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

KUALA LUMPUR   2014-04-03   13:55:19

>>  Massive operation carried out to hunt for abductors in Malaysia

By Zhao Bochao and Hu Junxin

A massive operation has been carried out to hunt for a group of armed men who abducted a Chinese tourist and a Filipino resort worker in Semporna of Malaysia’s state of Sabah, local newspaper New Straits Times reported Thursday.

The report quoted an anonymous boatman as saying that vessels with uniformed men had been deployed out to sea since last night.

The two women were abducted at around 10:30 p.m. at a resort off Semporna, the report said, adding that there were 61 guests and 47 employees at the resort at the time.

Initial investigations indicated that there were at least seven suspects who came in a wooden outboard powered boat, some of whom had weapons, according to the report.

Sabah Tourism, Culture and Environment Minister Masidi Manjun said the priority will be to find the whereabouts of the victims and rescue them. “The authorities are on top of this and we should let them do their job,” he said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

KUALA LUMPUR   2014-04-03 11:06:01

>>  Chinese tourist, Filipino resort worker abducted in Malaysia

By Zhao Bochao

Malaysia confirmed Thursday that a Chinese tourist and a Filipino resort worker had been abducted by a group of men from Pulau Singahmata near Pulau Bum- Bum in Semporna,state of Sabah of Malaysia. Mohammad Mentek, director-general of the Eastern Sabah Security Command (EssCom), confirmed in a statement that the abduction happened at around 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, according to Bernama, Malaysia’s state news agency.

“We leave it to the police to conduct further investigation and provide a full report,” he said in the statement.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

NEW POST   updated on April 4, 2014

 

KUALA LUMPUR   2014-04-04   17:56:42

>>  Malaysia detains four in connection with abduction of Chinese tourist

By Hu Junxin and Zhao Bochao

Malaysian police said Friday they had detained four people on Thursday evening for further investigation into the Semporna resort kidnapping.

The four, three men and a woman, are without any documents.

“We are getting their statements and are continuing our investigations,” local press The Star quoted Hamza Taib, the Sabah Police Commissioner, as saying.

Hamza said they had not yet gotten vital information which could help crack the case.

He refused to comment whether the four people are related to the kidnapped Filipino worker, Marcy Dayawan, who is said to have been in the parent company of the resort for quite some time without working permit.

Two women, one Chinese tourist and a Filipino resort worker, had been abducted by a group of men from a Semporna resort in the eastern Malaysian state of Sabah on Wednesday evening.

Initial investigation showed that the kidnappers were believed in the Philippine waters on Thursday and the authorities believe the victims have been safe so far.

It is the second kidnapping at a resort there after the first one involving tourists from China’s Taiwan, leaving one dead and another rescued.

Pang Yuk Ming, Assistant Tourism, Culture and Environment Minister of Sabah, said it could put the tourism industry in Sabah “in a bad spot”, on top of the mysterious disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 on March 8 which has reduced the arrival of tourists from China, the state’s biggest foreign market, New Straits Times quoted him as saying.

 

 

 

 

 

 

NEW POST   updated on April 5, 2014

 

MANILA   2014-04-05 20:25:43

>>  Philippines launches extensive search to rescue Sabah kidnapped

By Cemu, Jore and Gao Fei

Philippine authorities are conducting extensive search and naval blockade to locate and rescue the two victims who were abducted by suspected Abu Sayyaf Group from a resort in Sabah, Malaysia earlier this week, a senior government official said Saturday.

Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte, citing a report from the Philippine military, said that “best efforts” continue for the search and rescue of the 29-year-old Chinese and 40-year- old Filipina, who were kidnapped by seven fully armed men from the Singamata Reef Resort near Semporna, Sabah late Wednesday night.

She said the operations were focused in areas in island provinces of Basilan, Sulu and Tawi-Tawi in southern Philippines.

“So the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) is conducting extensive search and naval blockade to locate suspected seacrafts, ” Valte said.

She said that other military units in Western Mindanao Command and local police in the areas have been alerted as well.

The Philippine military earlier identified the abductors belonging to an Abu Sayyaf Group unit in Tawi-Tawi led by a certain Murphy Ambang Ladia.

It is reported that the suspects raided the resort and allegedly fled towards the Philippine with their victims using a white speedboat. In the past, bandits kidnapped tourists and fishermen in the area and reportedly brought them to nearby Philippine Islands. Enditem

 

 

 

 

 

 

NEW POST   updated on April 6, 2014

 

KUALA LUMPUR   2014-04-06   15:49:42

>>  Kidnappers make 1st phone call to family of Chinese tourist

abducted in Semporna: Malaysian official

By Zhao Bochao

Kidnappers made their first phone call to the family of the Chinese tourist they abducted along with a Filipino resort worker from a Semporna resort, Malaysian local newspaper New Straits Times quoted Eastern Sabah Security Command Director-General Mohammad Mentek as saying on Sunday.

“The call was made by a representative of the gunmen who informed the family that victims are safe,” he said, adding that no demand had been made by the abductors as far as he knew.

Mohammad said the police was making an investigation, and all security departments in Esscom had discussed the positioning of their vessels and boats in Semporna waters.

“The military, Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency, and the marine police have managed to restructure the position of their assets taking into account the passage commonly used by kidnappers and new routes that have been identified,” he added.

 

 

 

 

 

KUALA LUMPUR   2014-04-06   15:23:20

>>  Urgent: 1st phone call by kidnappers to Chinese tourist

abducted in Semporna: Malaysian official

By Zhao Bochao

A phone call had been made to the family of the Chinese tourist who was abducted along with a Filipino resort worker by a group of gunmen from a Semporna resort, Malaysian local newspaper New Straits Times quoted Eastern Sabah Security Command Director-General Mohammad Mentek as saying on Sunday. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share


330 Comments

  1. minecraft wrote:

    Every weekend i used to pay a quick visit this web
    page, for the reason that i wish for enjoyment, as this this
    website conations truly fastidious funny data too.

  2. minecraft wrote:

    I am not sure the place you are getting your information, however good topic.
    I must spend some time finding out more or understanding more.
    Thank you for great information I was looking for this information for my mission.

  3. minecraft wrote:

    Hi, always i used to check webpage posts here in the early hours in the dawn, because i love to learn more and more.

  4. minecraft wrote:

    Hi there it’s me, I am also visiting this website daily,
    this web page is actually good and the visitors
    are actually sharing pleasant thoughts.

  5. minecraft wrote:

    Hi there Dear, are you genuinely visiting this site
    regularly, if so afterward you will absolutely
    get pleasant knowledge.

  6. minecraft wrote:

    Wow, this article is nice, my younger sister is analyzing these kinds of things, so I am going to tell her.

  7. minecraft wrote:

    Hi there, You’ve done an excellent job. I’ll certainly digg it and
    personally suggest to my friends. I am sure they’ll be benefited from this site.

  8. minecraft wrote:

    I like the valuable information you provide in your articles.

    I will bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently.
    I am quite sure I will learn many new stuff right
    here! Best of luck for the next!

  9. minecraft wrote:

    What’s up, all is going sound here and ofcourse every one is sharing data, that’s really good, keep up writing.

  10. minecraft wrote:

    When someone writes an post he/she maintains the image of a user in his/her mind
    that how a user can know it. Therefore that’s why this article is outstdanding.
    Thanks!

Leave a Reply

*